Friday, October 13, 2006

CONFESSION STORY


Here’s where you can really shed the burden of your poor soul
I will start with my own story.
When I was studying in Darjeeling way back in1998-99 I think I was in eleventh standard.
I used to stay as a paying guest in one of the houses owned by a retired army man. His daughter with children used to live with him where as the son in law stayed in a village – lebong.
The story started like this. Since her husband was staying alone she said she needed somebody to help him at home. He had field to look after as well as few cattle. She wanted me to get somebody from Nepal… (I forgot to mention I am from Nepal) ..a boy of may be ten or twelve to help him.
The next time when I went home I gave this a serious thought. Darjeeling is good as far as education is concerned. That time in my juvenile idiocy, I was mesmerized by the westernized outlook of the people in Darjeeling. Good accent in English. Western clothes... and music...
I really thought if I can get somebody there! May be a poor boy barred from education will be enlightened.
When I told this to my mother she was happy with the noble cause and hence I brought along a ten year old boy to Darjeeling.
Things went well for some time. In between I visited the place once…found he had made a few friends in the school. I talked a few times on phone too. Away from his home… I was happy to see him happy and getting some study also.
But then I had to leave that house and later that place. My biggest mistake was I did not take him home even once in those five months I was there. Because of my boards I hadn’t gone my self...
When I left that place I asked if he wanted to go back or want to continue... He said he will stay there.
Ok.
For some time I had thought I really did a noble thing.
But his father in village was ill for years. He had three brothers. After some time I got the news that the boy had run away from that place. He did not return home... may be he had forgotten the way back or may be he simply did not want to...
But then after few years his father died … when ever I used to meet him he used to tell me to get him his son back. He died before he met his son.
Today it’s been seven years... he must be eighteen or nineteen now...
But the guilt in soul is much more aged.
And every time I visit my village – the silent eyes of the mother of that boy question me and I stand –broken, naked in front of her.gone

2 Comments:

Blogger ~anu~ said...

that was a heart-wrenching one. stop blaming yourself and feeling guilty now. your cause was noble. just that somehow destiny took an unfortunate toll. i am sure its easier said than done but i hope you come out of this guilt. i am sure at eighteen nineteen, way back home should not be a difficult job. he would surely go back if he wants to. you are a nice guy and will always be so!

6:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

म एडम्स KEVIN, Aiico बीमा plc को एक प्रतिनिधि, हामी भरोसा र एक ऋण बाहिर दिन मा व्यक्तिगत मतभेद आदर। हामी ऋण चासो दर को 2% प्रदान गर्नेछ। तपाईं यस व्यवसाय मा चासो हो भने अब आफ्नो ऋण कागजातहरू ठीक जारी हस्तांतरण ई-मेल (adams.credi@gmail.com) गरेर हामीलाई सम्पर्क। Plc.you पनि इमेल गरेर हामीलाई सम्पर्क गर्न सक्नुहुन्छ तपाईं aiico बीमा गर्न धेरै स्वागत छ भने व्यापार वा स्कूल स्थापित गर्न एक ऋण आवश्यकता हो (aiicco_insuranceplc@yahoo.com) हामी सन्तुलन स्थानान्तरण अनुरोध गर्न सक्छौं पहिलो हप्ता।

व्यक्तिगत व्यवसायका लागि ऋण चाहिन्छ? तपाईं आफ्नो इमेल संपर्क भने उपरोक्त तुरुन्तै आफ्नो ऋण स्थानान्तरण प्रक्रिया गर्न
ठीक।

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home